If you are looking for a fun way to serve you kids a healthy snack, try making rainbow fruit kabobs! These are extremely delicious and easy for you to make with young ones. Paired with a creamy honey-vanilla yogurt dip, these pretty kabobs are a fun and nutritious treat.
Fruit Kabob Ingredients:
- Fruits of your choice in a rainbow pattern. Feel free to have fun with these and pick your favorites! If you want to follow a simple rainbow pattern our favorite combo is: strawberries, cantaloupe, pineapple, honeydew and blueberries.
- Wooden Skewers (You can find these in the baking aisle at a regular grocery store)
- 2 Cups plain or Greek yogurt (vanilla)
- ½ cup honey
- Add ons:
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp brown sugar
1. Wash and prepare all of your fruit and cut bigger fruits into bite-sized chunks.
2. Pile on fruits of choice in a rainbow order. You can use any fruit you like, whatever is in season or your kid’s favorite!
3. Whip up a quick yogurt dip with the yogurt, honey and optional cinnamon for a little spice. If you’d like it a little sweeter, add a bit of brown sugar.
For birthdays, showers, after school or any other event these rainbow fruit kabobs are the perfect healthy treat! They’re fresh, kid friendly, and easy to make last minute. Making these with your kids creates the perfect opportunity to not only teach them about healthy eating, but it let’s them use their own creativity! Have your kids pick out their favorite fruits ad let them pick the order ,remember they don’t have to be rainbow!
Have fun and remember to share your photos of your snack creations on our Facebook page! Let us know your kid’s favorite fruit combination! 🙂